- Sit on the edge of your bed. Turn your head 45 degrees to the right.
- Quickly lie down on your left side. Stay there for 30 seconds.
- Quickly move to lie down on the opposite end of your bed. …
- Return slowly to sitting and wait a few minutes.
- Reverse these moves for the right ear.
- Feeling nauseated.
- Abnormal or jerking eye movements (nystagmus)
- Ringing in the ears or hearing loss.
Nervous system side effects such as dizziness, vertigo and balance issues are common in cancer patients for a variety of reasons, according to the American Society of Clinical Oncology. The symptoms may lead to a cancer diagnosis, or they may appear after treatment.