Vertigo is the feeling that you or your environment is moving or spinning. It differs from dizziness in that vertigo describes an illusion of movement. When you feel as if you yourself are moving, it’s called subjective vertigo, and the perception that your surroundings are moving is called objective vertigo.
- Sit on the edge of your bed. Turn your head 45 degrees to the right.
- Quickly lie down on your left side. Stay there for 30 seconds.
- Quickly move to lie down on the opposite end of your bed. …
- Return slowly to sitting and wait a few minutes.
- Reverse these moves for the right ear.